Monday, February 15, 2010

What was I thinking??!!!

Preparing for our race. We didn't get the memo for gloves, hats, water bottles, etc.

I look too excited to be going on a race...Kent...well, he's Kent.

This year I thought it would be fun to do a
5K Cross Country Ski Race at the Winter Festival.
Come on. Really Anna?
Me again, excited. Kent trying to tell me our game plan.
But I didn't want to do it alone
so the hubster said that he would tag along with me.
Practicing.In other words, trying to remember how to X-C ski.:)
He literally tagged along with me.
First of all, I was already dehydrated,
and I only had 4 bites of my granola and yogurt
before we had to go stand in line for the race.

As soon as we started, I could tell that
my boots were rubbing
and that I was extremely thirsty.

Running a 5K is one thing
but cross country skiing one...
especially when you haven't been in a few years. :)
Almost to the FINISH!!!
I had a great time out there with Kent though
and he's a stud for going and hanging out with me.
When we got back to the hotel,
I tried showering but I was in pain.
I got two huge blisters that were already worn off.

The picture doesn't even do them justice.
Thanks again race!!
Ouch!!!
After the race, we packed the car ASAP
and had lunch so that we could get on the road.
Kent and I were also both dehydrated
because we had severe headaches
and I was nauseous.
We headed back throughZion and went on to Primm
where we got to use our CDL's

to get our hotel for $14.95.
That's right. $14.95!!!!
Booyah!!!!

Another advantage for driving buses in Alaska.What a great day and weekend in Bryce!!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! You are awesome! that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah. It was fun until I got the blisters. That's usually how it goes though:)

    ReplyDelete